Ħal Għaxaq Primary school is inviting all pupils to participate in our school’s Christmas Crib Competition 2013.
Pupils who are willing to participate in this competition are encouraged to read the below rules and regulations.
The competition is made up of two categories:
Category A – The Traditional Maltese Christmas Crib or Grotta
Assessment will give importance to handiwork, creative use of materials and keeping to the traditional Maltese style. The Crib or Grotta should include Baby Jesus, the Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, an angel, a cow and a donkey and may also include some sheep and shepherds.
Category B – A modern Christmas Crib or Grotta made of Recycled Material
Assessment will give importance to creative ideas and originality; the use of different kinds of recycled materials and different modes of representation. The crib or grotta should include Baby Jesus, the Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, an angel, a cow and a donkey and may also include some sheep and shepherds.
1. All pupils may participate.
2. The Christmas crib/grotta must not exceed: 60 cm (length) x 40 cm (width).
3. All entries should have the name of the student and class securely attached to the side of the crib (NOT underneath).
4. The crib should be the students’ own work with the help of adults.
5. The judges’ decision is final.
6. Cribs made of recycled material should be accompanied by 3 photos (on a pendrive) showing the process of how the recycled material were used to form the crib or the grotta.
7. Deadline: Thursday 12th December 2013
All cribs and grottas will be exhibited during the Christmas Concert activities. Participation certificates will be given to all pupils who participate in this competition.